We use only 100% Gluten-free, Vegetable Cellulose ”00” capsules for all of our encapsulated products.
Gout Support — Approximately 600 mg. each capsule.
Gout Support is a unique blend of herbal extracts developed by Herbal Extracts Plus to support the body in its efforts to ward off the painful symptoms of Gout. Gout is a disease that causes sudden, severe episodes of pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling (inflammation) in some joints. It usually affects one joint at a time – often the large joint of the big toe. It also can affect other joints, such as the knee, ankle, foot, hand, wrist and elbow. Repeated gout episodes can damage the affected joint(s), and once damaged, you may experience stiffness and limited motion after an episode.
The pain and swelling that accompanies a gout episode is caused by uric acid crystals deposited in the joint. Uric acid is a substance that normally forms when the body breaks down waste products called purines. Usually, uric acid is dissolved in the blood and passes through the kidneys into the urine. In people with gout, however, the uric acid level in the blood is so high that uric acid crystals are deposited in joints and other tissues.
This causes inflammation of the joint lining (synovium). After several years, uric acid crystals can build up in the joint(s) and surrounding tissues. They form large deposits called tophi (TOE-fy) that look like lumps just beneath the skin. Uric acid crystals can also form stones in the kidneys, in the ureters (tubes that connect the kidneys and bladder) or in the bladder itself. Gout may be associated with high blood pressure or kidney infections, although these conditions are not the underlying cause of the disease. There is no cure for gout.
Purpose of Formulation:
This formulation provides numerous herbal ingredients that support the body’s ability to counteract the effects of gout and prevent its reoccurrence.
• Supports cardiovascular health
• Supports the body in its efforts to eliminate harmful toxins
Herbal Ingredient Information: The following information is a brief overview describing each of the above herbal ingredients and what properties each contributes to make up this proprietary blend.
• Asparagus Root is said to be a diuretic. It supports normal cellular activity in the kidneys, thus increasing the rate of urine production. It also helps the body’s ability to clear sediment from the bladder and dissolve uric acid deposits in the extremities, thereby helping to relieve the temporary discomforts associated with gout. It is especially useful in cases of hypertension where the amount of sodium in the blood far exceeds the potassium present.
• Celery Seed is considered to be an excellent diuretic. Diuretics promote the flow of urine through the kidneys and increase uric acid excretions, helping to clear toxins from the system. This is especially good for gout, where excess uric acid crystals collect in the joints. This diuretic action may also support healthy bladder function, relieving cystitis, and other kidney problems. Early herbalists used it as a cleansing tonic after the stagnation of winter, and herbalists in France today use the extract to relieve retention of urine. Celery Seed is considered beneficial for easing the discomfort and degeneration of the body joints frequently associated with age. Its anti-inflammatory properties also appear to help those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, and neuralgia, and its diuretic qualities help flush impurities (including uric acid and other toxins) from the kidneys, which frequently cause these ailments.
• Juniper Berry is thought to be an effective diuretic and antiseptic that not only promotes the flow of urine, but also helps support the body’s fight against infection of the urinary tract at the same time. As a diuretic, the kidneys and bladder are stimulated to get rid of retained and excess water. Juniper supports the filtering of waste products by the kidneys and helps to expel prostate sediment and gallstones. It is also thought to dissolve kidney stones. The herb has been said to help prevent the crystallization of uric acid in the kidneys, retaining it in a solution and passing it in the urine; this is of great benefit to those suffering from gout (a condition marked by painful inflammation of the joints caused by deposits of uric acid). The anti-inflammatory properties of Juniper Berry are thought to ease the pain of rheumatism, arthritis, sore muscles and gout. Juniper Berry is considered a purifier of the blood and overall system cleanser, and by removing acid and toxic wastes from the body, the body is able to reduce overall susceptibility to illness.
• Horseradish Root is considered a very strong diuretic and diaphoretic that promotes urine flow and heavy sweating, as well as the general removal of fluids and toxins from the body. The removal of excess fluids is beneficial in helping lymphatic congestion, pericarditis and general edema (the accumulation of fluid in tissues that produces swelling) and also helps to flush impurities and small stones from the kidneys and bladder, including uric acid, which relieves the discomforts of gout, arthritis and rheumatism. Increased urine flow, along with the herb’s antibacterial qualities, also works to alleviate urinary and bladder infections.
• Sarsaparilla is considered to be an anti-inflammatory that is believed to ease the temporary discomforts associated with rheumatism, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions. Because of its diuretic properties, the stimulation of urine production increases the excretion of uric acid, which also helps to relieve gout; and although it does not relieve acute cases of gout, its use may prevent attacks when taken over a period of weeks or months. Sarsaparilla is considered to be a fine tonic and blood purifier that is said to attack and neutralize toxins (including environmental poisons) in the blood. In addition, the herb is said to promote urination and sweating; and that action is believed to further rid the body of toxins through bodily secretions. Sarsaparilla is said to be a fine tonic and ”alterative,” an agent that may favorably alter an unhealthy condition of the body with the tendency to restore normal bodily function.
• Uva Ursi helps to support the body’s ability to maintain normal excretion of fluids thus making it valuable in reducing excess water weight or bloating. Moreover, it is said to help to reduce the accumulation of uric acid in the blood and promote the flushing of wastes and toxins from the system, which helps to ease rheumatism and other diseases marked by the accumulation of acids and waste products, such as gout, arthritis, nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys) and kidney stones. There have been reports that Uva Ursi may also be helpful in dissolving kidney stones.
• Yucca is considered to be a superior blood purifier that supports the body in cleansing and detoxifying the entire system. Yucca is believed to provide great relief for the pains of arthritis. The action of the saponins in inhibiting the absorption of toxins aids the eliminative systems of the body (kidneys, liver, blood, and lymph), because they are less taxed to remove poisons from the body. Consequently, this is believed to lower the build-up of toxins in the joints that are related to degenerative conditions, such as arthritis, rheumatism, and gout. Yucca also appears to have the ability to break up inorganic mineral obstructions and deposits and reduces inflammation of the joints. Testing has demonstrated that saponins are a hormonal material, a steroid, with properties similar to the adrenal hormone, cortisone.
• Birch Bark supports pain and inflammation relief. A glycoside in the Birch
[button link=”http://www.natural-cures-remedies.com/recommends/KalyxGout/” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Get Gout Support NOW[/button]